Every business should have a comprehensive online marketing campaign to remain in today’s competitive environment. If you’re not capitalizing on digital advertising, you can be sure your competitors are (and reaping the benefits in brand recognition, leads, and sales).
Importantly, once you’ve invested in developing your site, you need to maximize your 24/7 employee (your website) with online traffic. You’ve already paid the fixed cost and now you can liken web advertising to economies of scale. With getting web traffic, you want to consider different avenues as there are no lack of opportunities to bring your website before consumers.
Personally, I am bias towards search engine traffic (for good reason) because (1) you can more effectively track your results (2) you’re being less obtrusive since you get in front of prospective customers searching for services/product you offer (3) it’s more predictable – search engine traffic is traditionally more analytical (4) traffic quality – back to point #2, search engine traffic is traditionally more primed to buy than social media traffic.
Although when it comes to search engine traffic there are two models you may choose with
- SEM – Search Engine Marketing: This pertains to pay per click, getting adverts on specific key terms related to your niche/business. The advantages of SEM being that you can get traffic almost instantly and the primary draw-back being you are paying per click which can be a running costs or a recyclable profit machine. The two major network for SEM should be 1. Google Adwords, which is hard to break into profit because of the intense competition and 2. Bing-Yahoo ads network. Bing-Yahoo Ads network is my personal favourite because it’s equally as good to Google in terms of overall traffic quality (not data driven opinion – experienced base comment) and is much easier to manage because of the lower competition resulting in cheaper cost per click (less spending per customer acquired) and reasonable traffic.
Any small business considering to get started with SEM should highly consider the Bing Ads network as their first choice to test the waters (they will likely be more inclined to success on the Bing network than Google).
Both these networks are providing coupon codes for new accounts to get you started; you’ll likely need it as there may be a learning curve where you’ll waste a few initial dollars invested. Once you find a profitable campaign with a positive ROI, the payoffs will be nice.
- SEO – Search Engine Optimization: This pertains to organic search engine traffic, getting clicks on your first page listing. The advantage of SEO being creditability and establishment value and the primary draw-back being the time it takes to develop these rankings (you have to consider importantly your content quality and then effectively promote your business through content production and sharing along with effective social media and web promotion activities).
Although with this said, by incorporating a SEO strategy you also benefit indirectly from a validation of your website quality as it forces you to consider the user experience along with traffic and publicity derived from the web promotions completed.
Effectively, any sound online strategy should incorporate both SEO and SEM. While SEO will require further patience and a longer pay off, SEM will supplement you with faster results to work with and test your performance.
With all this said, I’m glad to inform you that Bing Ads is offering significant incentive for new business registrants. This includes a $100 immediate promo code upon registration and another $125 Bing Ads coupon you may obtain from other sources.
Here’s the breakdown of likely the best Bing Ads coupons for 2015:
- $100 USD/CAD Bing Ads coupon for new account registrations:
Claim the offer here, for US residents.
Claim the offer here, for Canadian Residents.
- $100 USD Bing Ads coupon code with Godaddy WordPress web hosting
You should receive a $100 coupon code (valid in 2015) with your WordPress hosting registration. The current promotion entails web hosting at $1/month which is quite an impressive price.
- $25 USD Bing Ads coupons from Bing webmaster.
Valid only in US – Bing Webmaster here.
They should send you the free voucher for $25 Bing Ads after your registration. Also valid in 2015.
- We’ll keep this updated as new information arise to your benefit.
There you have it! Here’s the brief outline to how you can get as much as $225 USD in free Bing advertising.
I have personally been doing quite a bit of Bing Ads learning and tests; I find the Bing Ads network traffic converts very well and we’re finding a positive ROI across most campaigns. The CPC is very reasonable and fractions of what you may pay elsewhere (base on the keyword tools at Bing vs. Google, some key terms at Bing are 25% of the CPC on Google!)
Here are some tips to consider if you intend on making use of these Bing Ads coupons:
- In location targeting, “advance location settings”, you NEED to set option 2 which is receiving traffic only within your geo-targeting locations. The standard setting is to locations in or talked about in search. (which may not be relevant for a local business)
- Select ONLY traffic from Syndicated Search Partners (SSP), do not go for content partners. The traffic from content partners seems more susceptible to fake and low-converting clicks. We have had good results with search engine and not so with content partners; you must explicitly set this.
- Don’t micro manage your campaigns when you have first started; give it your best shot to get a good click through rate although don’t let it absorb you.
Those are some of the basic tips to consider when using your Bing ads coupon codes for now. There are a whole list of optimization tweaks to consider although it would be too lengthy to detail them here. (Perhaps in a later blog post I may highlight our top 10 optimization favourites)
If you’re looking to learn about PPC with Bing Ads then make sure to reference this free online tutorial made available by Bing. It’s very comprehensive, easily accessible to Bing Ads clients, and chalked with helpful tips:
This concludes our lengthy post. If you have any questions or comments please join the discussion on disqus or email firstname.lastname@example.org